Show more images
Elisabeth Titanium Weymouth
Fager Elisabeth is recommended if you would describe your horse as the following:
- Has sensitive bars and tongue.
- Finds it difficult to relax in a double bridle.
- Allows the Bridoon more freedom.
- Has a conformationally small mouth, smaller than standard horses.
- Easily cuts/develops sores on the bars/corners of the mouth.
- Falls behind the contact in other Weymouth bits.
- Elisabeth’s mouthpiece is a durable and comfortable, lightweight low-ported Weymouth made from the fantastic material – Titanium. The mouthpiece itself is very stable, making it the perfect choice for introducing a double bridle to a horse for the first time.Elisabeth also features Fager’s NEW Anoblast™ technique created to be the most durable and highest quality Titanium bit currently on the market! The grey color is a natural consequence of the production process, colouring is not added.When combined with Fager’s Titanium Bridoon, this lightweight set weighs as little as 400g(!) which is actually less than a regular double bridle!The port bends forward as opposed to upwards making a significant difference; when tilted forward it allows the tongue more freedom whilst also creating more room for the Bridoon.As the rider takes up the reins, the horse seeks the connection towards the bit as the positioning enables the tongue to absorb most of the pressure rather than the bars. As the curb rein is pulled, the shank of the bit rotates backwards towards the horse’s chest whilst the mouthpiece is pushed forward against the tongue.The chain is important as it works to disperse the pressure more evenly between the mouth, poll and chin.
In contrast, an upwards port would certainly increase the pressure on the bars and most likely also create rubbing/friction sores on a sensitive horse.
Hooks and chain are included.