Show more images
Nils Sweet iron Barrel Loose Ring SAMPLE SALE
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
30% off SALE products in given sizes with small cosmetic damages that will not affect the use of the bit, only the look of it.
Example of cosmetic damages;
- Scratches in the color coating, nothing that you can feel at all.
- Small marks on the rings
- The sweet iron coating has started to rust (this is the natural oxidation process of the material)
Fager Nils is suitable if you would describe your horse as the following;
- Pulls against a contact yet reacts to increased pressure.
- Unsteady in the connection.
- Feels stiff in any standard straight bit.
- Doesn’t instinctively seek out the contact.
Fager Nils is a stable barrelled sweet tasting bit which fits comfortably in the mouth and contours naturally over the tongue. The barrelled tube mouthpiece creates a fast, natural lock in any direction making Nils an ideal solution use with horses who need encouragement to actively seek more contact, without feeling stiff in the hand.
The Nils design is well suited to horses with sensitive mouths who cut easily, quickly developing sores/wounds in the corners of their mouths.
Nils is designed to give extra stability in the mouth for more direct, effective communication making it less confusing for horses who don’t instinctively respond to the aids. It works to keep the correct balance point (BP) in the mouth. Bit designs which create a bigger bend forward, also move the BP forward therefore reducing the effectiveness of the aids.
Nils is the ideal model to combine with your other bits, alternating regularly to vary the pressure points and keep communication direct and focused.