Sabina Titanium Single Jointed
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Designed and developed in collaboration with Sabina Swärd.
”I was looking for a competition bit for me and my students that provides a precise connection to the horse. The bit should be soft in the mouth and comfortable to handle. I used to compete in a baby Pelham, but many of my students pointed out that the double reins can be complicated to ride with. Together with Fager bits, we were able to develop a bit with really short shanks that are used with single reins. We also decided on a titanium mouthpiece that my horses enjoy. The lightness of the Titanium stops them from being heavy on the hand.
I hope that this bit will help people to get the smooth ride they are looking for.”
This single jointed mouthpiece is recommended for horses who prefer less tongue pressure and train daily in a single-jointed Snaffle.
Side-ring tubes are specifically designed to prevent pinching whilst enhancing the rider’s aids. The chain disperses the pressure between poll, jaw, and mouth and can be detached on both sides.
Sabina feels similar in action to a Baby Pelham, whilst creating a more flexible feeling in the hand.
Excellent for riders that want a bit that provides a clearer signal than a Snaffle though not as severe as with longer shanks.
- A lighter contact
- All bits
- Bits for strong horses
- Heavy & stiff in the hand
- Icelandic shanks
- Improved flexibility & engagement
- Maintains a good contact; an uncomplicated ride
- My horse can be strong in the hand
- MY HORSE IS ALLERGIC TO STEEL BITS?
- My horse nods their head
- My horse pulls against the contact
- Pressure wounds on the bars
- Pressure wounds on the palate
- Reluctant to take up the contact
- Single jointed
- Strong & stubborn
- Stronger brakes, more control
- Wounds at the corners of the mouth
Thanks for your review