Nils Sweet iron Barrel Loose Ring
Fager Nils is suitable if you would describe your horse as the following;
- Pulls against a contact yet reacts to increased pressure.
- Unsteady in the connection.
- Feels stiff in any standard straight bit.
- Doesn’t instinctively seek out the contact.
Fager Nils is a stable barrelled sweet tasting bit which fits comfortably in the mouth and contours naturally over the tongue. The barrelled tube mouthpiece creates a fast, natural lock in any direction making Nils an ideal solution use with horses who need encouragement to actively seek more contact, without feeling stiff in the hand.
The Nils design is well suited to horses with sensitive mouths who cut easily, quickly developing sores/wounds in the corners of their mouths.
Nils is designed to give extra stability in the mouth for more direct, effective communication making it less confusing for horses who don’t instinctively respond to the aids. It works to keep the correct balance point (BP) in the mouth. Bit designs which create a bigger bend forward, also move the BP forward therefore reducing the effectiveness of the aids.
Nils is the ideal model to combine with your other bits, alternating regularly to vary the pressure points and keep communication direct and focused.
- A more connected contact
- All bits
- Behind the hand yet sensitive to the aids
- Bits for sensitive horses
- Bits with tongue relief
- lock system
- Loose rings
- Maintain stability & consistency
- My horse can be anxious and drop the contact
- My horse nods their head
- My horse pulls against the contact
- My horse puts their tongue over the bit and opens their mouth
- Pressure wounds on the palate
- Pressure wounds on the tongue
- Sweet taste
- Wear on the premolars (P2)
- Wounds inside the cheeks
Thanks for your review