Marcus Sweet iron Fixed Ring
A Registered Design
Fager Marcus is recommended if you would describe your horse as the following;
- Pulls against the contact yet reacts to increased pressure.
- Unsteady in the contact.
- Tosses their head and drops it below the contact.
- Resistant to acceptance onto the bit.
- Doesn’t instinctively seek out the contact.
Fager Marcus has it all! It is an incredibly comfortable bit featuring 100% super smooth surfaces, including the joints.
Marcus’s joints are designed to never press against the sides of the palate or create uneven pressure over the bars. It is an extremely comfortable bit which contours naturally around the tongue, relieving the bars from constant pressure.
The Sweet Iron material naturally oxidizes and rusts when in use. This oxidation process creates a ‘sweet’ taste which increases and encourages salivation. If you are looking for more contact in the hand, we recommend using a Sweet Iron bit as the taste encourages the horse to actively seek the contact.
Fager mouthpiece designs are always horizontally straight – none have a big bend forward. We design them in this way to maintain the correct balance point (BP) in the mouth. When a bit creates a bigger bend forwards, the BP also moves forward, which reduces the effectiveness of the aids.
This unique design also promotes protection of the bars and the fleshy parts of the mouth from rubs and sores, even in the most sensitive horses.
N.B. The balance point remains even if it has a slight bend over the tongue = Upwards.
- A more connected contact
- All bits
- Behind the hand yet sensitive to the aids
- Bits for sensitive horses
- Bits with tongue relief
- Double jointed
- Fixed rings
- Maintain stability & consistency
- My horse can be anxious and drop the contact
- My horse nods their head
- My horse pulls against the contact
- My horse puts their tongue over the bit and opens their mouth
- Pressure wounds on the palate
- Pressure wounds on the tongue
- Sweet taste
Thanks for your review