Julia Sweet iron Universal
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Fager Julia is suitable if you would describe your horse as the following;
- Strong, pulls/leans on the bit.
- Sensitive to the aids yet still feels stiff.
- Inconsistent in the contact.
- Have difficulty finding a bit in which this horse is happy.
Julia’s double-jointed mouthpiece creates space for the tongue, relieving constant pressure.
Baby Fulmer sidepieces provide the horse with extra stability whilst assisting steering.
The Roller is positioned further down than the joints to increase the point-pressure on the tongue. Creating pressure when your horse pulls or feels heavy in your hand without creating consistent pressure.
The roller also allows horses something to play with, perfect for horses who can feel numb to the contact.
The combination of sweet iron and copper creates a taste in the mouth which is accepted even by the most sensitive or picky horses. It effectively works to increase acceptance and a steady contact.
We have also added Universal rings to Julia, to allow leverage to be adjusted to suit different situations and horses:
For maximum leverage, attach the reins to the bottom ring and this creates a gag effect.
For a mix which emulates a mix of a Baucher bit and loose rings, attach the reins to the middle ring.
We also recommend using the Fager Secure Clasps and Chain to distribute the pressure between the poll, chin, and mouth.
- A lighter contact
- A more connected contact
- All bits
- Behind the hand yet sensitive to the aids
- Bits for strong horses
- Bits with tongue relief
- Double jointed
- Heavy & stiff in the hand
- Improved flexibility & engagement
- My horse can be anxious and drop the contact
- My horse can be strong in the hand
- My horse pulls against the contact
- My horse puts their tongue over the bit and opens their mouth
- Reluctant to take up the contact
- Strong & stubborn
- Stronger brakes, more control
- Sweet taste
Thanks for your review