John Sweet iron Universal
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Fager John is the ideal choice If you would describe your horse as the following;
- Pulls on the bit, yet over-reactive to increased pressure on the reins.
- Develops cuts, sores, and rubs easily at the corners of the mouth.
Fager John is a Double-Jointed Baby Fulmer Universal bit. Our bits are designed to have a 100% smooth surface, including around the joints. The joints are designed and constructed to ensure they never push against the palate or sit on top of the bars. All these clever features result in an extremely comfortable bit which naturally fits the contours of the tongue.
The straight, slim design enhances the aids, creating more direct and precise communication than ever before.
This design is an ideal choice for sensitive mouthed horses who easily cut, rub and bruise.
John also features Fager’s patented Baby Fulmer cheeks which are curved to avoid unnecessary pressure on the horse’s face. The Baby Fulmers stabilize the mouthpiece whilst the endings are purposefully designed to be straight and of equal thickness to stabilize the rings.
Universal rings allow variation of the leverage to suit different situations and horses:
For maximum leverage, attach the reins to the bottom ring and this creates a gag effect.
For a mix which emulates a mix of a Baucher bit and loose rings, attach the reins to the middle ring.
We also recommend using the Fager Secure Clasps and Chain to distribute the pressure more evenly between the poll, chin, and mouth.
- A more connected contact
- All bits
- Bits for strong horses
- Double jointed
- Improved flexibility & engagement
- Maintain stability & consistency
- Maintains a good contact; an uncomplicated ride
- My horse can be anxious and drop the contact
- My horse can be strong in the hand
- My horse pulls against the contact
- Pressure wounds on the bars
- Pressure wounds on the palate
- Pressure wounds on the tongue
- Reluctant to take up the contact
- Strong & stubborn
- Stronger brakes, more control
- Sweet taste
- Wounds at the corners of the mouth
Thanks for your review