John Sweet iron Show Pelham
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Fager John is the ideal choice If you would describe your horse as the following;
- Pulls on the bit, yet over-reactive to increased pressure on the reins.
- Develops cuts, sores, and rubs easily at the corners of the mouth.
Fager John is a Double-Jointed bit. Our bits are designed to have a 100% smooth surface, including around the joints. The joints are designed and constructed to ensure they never push against the palate or sit on top of the bars. All these clever features result in an extremely comfortable bit which naturally fits the contours of the tongue.
The straight, slim design enhances the aids, creating more direct and precise communication than ever before.
This design is an ideal choice for sensitive mouthed horses who easily cut, rub and bruise.
The ultimate sidepiece to create a frame for horses who have a tendency to become fixed on the bit.
The Show Pelham sidepiece is similar in design to a regular pelham, however the clever design creates greater flexibility. The action generates a softer feeling in the rider’s hands, giving a more fluid, less rigid feeling than you have using a regular pelham.
The loose ring is placed on the outer side which allows the horse to bend more freely and comfortably, thus encouraging a sharper, quicker response to the aid.
The outer placing of the loose ring also helps to establish an uplifting effect. The side pieces are fixed to prevent any pinching whilst adding greater stability.
We recommend using the Show pelham with a delta bridle or two reins, one in the large loose ring and one in the small ring.
With two reins, you can easily regulate how much leverage you want from the bit by shortening, or lengthening, the rein that is attached to the bottom ring. With more leverage, you get a slightly lower neck and more effect, with less leverage you can get the horse a bit higher in the neck with less effect. If you use Fager’s adjustable delta, you have the same choice without having to use 2 reins.
This unique design acts as a curb version of the Loose Baucher.
- A more connected contact
- All bits
- BIT QUIZ
- Bits for strong horses
- Category B - Mix
- Category D - Mix
- Double jointed
- Improved flexibility & engagement
- Maintain stability & consistency
- Maintains a good contact; an uncomplicated ride
- My horse can be anxious and drop the contact
- My horse can be strong in the hand
- My horse pulls against the contact
- Pressure wounds on the bars
- Pressure wounds on the palate
- Pressure wounds on the tongue
- Reluctant to take up the contact
- Small bits
- Strong & stubborn
- Stronger brakes, more control
- Sweet taste
- Wounds at the corners of the mouth
Thanks for your review