Gustav Sweet iron Universal
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
If you would describe your horse as the following:
- Inconsistent in the contact.
- Stiff or rigid to ride.
- Bites on the bit, trying to pull it back.
- Doesn’t seek the contact towards the bit.
- Drops the contact.
- Falls behind the hand.
Gustav is constructed with a 100% super smooth surface, even around the joints which are designed to never interfere with or push against the palate. It is a very comfortable bit that shapes naturally around the tongue and relieves the bars from constant pressure.
Gustav is an ideal design for sensitive mouthed horses whose mouths easily develop cuts, sores, or rubs.
Gustav features Fager’s patented Baby Fulmer cheeks, which are curved to avoid any pressure on the horse’s face. The Baby Fulmers stabilize the mouthpiece inside the mouth whilst the endings are created straight with the same thickness all the way to stabilize the rings.
We added the Universal rings to allow variation of the leverage to suit different situations and horses:
For maximum leverage, attach the reins to the bottom ring and this creates a gag effect.
For a mix which emulates a mix of a Baucher bit and loose rings, attach the reins to the middle ring.
We also recommend using the Fager Secure Clasps and Chain to distribute the pressure more evenly between the poll, chin, and mouth.
- A more connected contact
- All bits
- Behind the hand yet sensitive to the aids
- Bits for strong horses
- Maintain stability & consistency
- My horse can be anxious and drop the contact
- My horse nods their head
- My horse pulls against the contact
- Pressure wounds on the bars
- Pressure wounds on the palate
- Pressure wounds on the tongue
- Single jointed
- Strong & stubborn
- Stronger brakes, more control
- Sweet taste
- Wounds at the corners of the mouth
- Wounds inside the cheeks
Thanks for your review