Carl Titanium Universal
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Fager Carl is a good choice if you would describe your horse as the following;
- Can be inconsistent in the connection.
- Fussy in the contact.
- Strong, usually leans/pulls on the bit.
- Sensitive to pressure from the bit.
- Refuses to accept the bit or will only accept it for short periods.
- Drops/chews on the bit, generally feeling uncomfortable.
Carl is a durable and lightweight double-jointed Titanium bit, designed with the sensitive horse in mind. Carl offers that extra bit of everything, just when you need it!
Carl’s mouthpiece follows the natural shape/contour of the mouth, featuring a short centerpiece which lies flat against the tongue, eliminating any palate interference. It’s breakover is towards the outside of the tongue, softening excessive pressure to the center of the tongue whilst promoting a more consistent feel across the mouth.
Using Carl for a horse with a sensitive tongue you will discover that they become more willing to accept the contact and start to enjoy their work.
Carl even suits horses whose mouth conformation has a low palate combined with a big tongue; this combination being extremely difficult to find suitable bits for.
We have added Universal rings to allow leverage to be adjusted to suit different situations and horses:
For maximum leverage, attach the reins to the bottom ring and this creates a gag effect.
For a mix which emulates a mix of a Baucher bit and loose rings, attach the reins to the middle ring.
We also recommend using the Fager Secure Clasps and Chain to distribute the pressure between the poll, chin, and mouth.
- A lighter contact
- All bits
- BIT QUIZ
- Bits for strong horses
- Bits with tongue relief
- Category C - Mix
- Double jointed
- Heavy & stiff in the hand
- Improved flexibility & engagement
- Maintain stability & consistency
- Maintains a good contact; an uncomplicated ride
- My horse can be anxious and drop the contact
- My horse can be strong in the hand
- MY HORSE IS ALLERGIC TO STEEL BITS?
- My horse pulls against the contact
- My horse puts their tongue over the bit and opens their mouth
- Reluctant to take up the contact
- Strong & stubborn
- Stronger brakes, more control
Thanks for your review